Welcome to Storyteller Secrets!
I created this free series of trainings to help aspiring authors & busy entrepreneurs finally start writing their book:
- Without having to take three months off of work.
- Even if you’ve never written before.
- Without having to read dozens of craft books first.
- Even if you’re super busy.
As someone who has written eleven manuscripts (and counting) while growing my coaching and copywriting biz full-time, I know a thing or two about writing books and getting them done quickly. It absolutely is possible to write while serving clients, launching products, or juggling a demanding 9 – 5 job (I’ve done all of this!)
And while I do share some strategic tips for you in this training series, you’ll also find plenty of guidance on how to tap into creative methods that are unique to you.
So, ready to dive in? Grab a pen and paper, prepare to take lots of notes, and let’s go!
Training One: How To Generate Your Story Idea
Listen to the audio:
- Podcast Ep 16 – How Long Does It Really Take To Write A Book?
- Four Ways To Combat Writing Overwhelm
- A Guide To Creating A Writing Routine
- FREE Story Outlining Workshop – How I Outline My Novels In Less Than An Hour
- “Feed” your developing story idea (try to do this at least once a day!)
- Start jotting down notes and outlining your ideas.
Training Two: How To Start Writing Your Story
Listen to the audio:
- Podcast Ep 15 – The #1 Thing Stopping You From Writing Your Book
- How To Start Your Story
- Story Clarity Masterclass ($27)
- Start connecting your ideas together to find the best starting point.
- Lean into your intuition and start writing. Let yourself be guided by your own creative process.
- Try to connect your starting scene/chapter to your first major plot point (e.g. foreshadowing for fiction, problem awareness for non-fiction)
Training Three: Maintain Writing Momentum
Listen to the audio:
- Ep 41 – Things I Don’t Do When Writing My First Draft
- Ep 40 – How To Write A Book In 90 Days Or Less
- Ep 34 – Why I Believe You SHOULDN’T Write Every Day
Fiction-Specific Writing Articles:
- Three Ways To Increase Tension
- Three Ways To Improve Your Writing Vocabulary
- What Is Foreshadowing?
- Creating Magic Systems In Fantasy
- Three Tips For Better Worldbuilding
- How To Create Better Character Backstory
- How To Beat The Revision Bug
- How To Write A Kissing Scene
- Mastering Your Story Conflict
- Three Golden Tips For Better Pacing
- Focus on developing your characters, conflicts/motivations and plot points.
- Start a reference-document of words and phrases to help you cut down research time and stay in writing flow.
Did you find these three trainings helpful? If so, I’d love to continue supporting you on your book writing journey!
Check out two ways we could work together below…
Storyteller Academy (For Fiction Authors)
I don’t sell this course publicly anymore, but you can enroll today for just $199!
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
✔ Module One: Mindset -> letting go of perfectionism and self-doubt, uncovering the story on your heart, how to find your creative flow, crafting a writing schedule and process that works for you!
✔ Module Two: The Storyteller Framework -> a deeper dive into foundational and enhancement writing elements, exercises to nail each one, how to develop your signature writing style and what to do at each stage of the writing process.
✔ Module Three: Writing Craft -> I share everything I know from 18+ years of experience in writing about plot, settings, characters, description, dialogue and more! Writing an exceptional opening chapter, crafting a compelling plot, how to show more than you tell, crafting likeable characters, etc.
✔ Bonus resources (e.g. 21 days of writing prompts, pre-formatted manuscript template, writing schedule worksheet, etc.)
This course is designed specifically for fiction authors and will help you combine writing craft knowledge with the momentum needed to finish your book! (P.S: I teach the exact same framework of this course at my live workshop events!)
Storyteller Academy used to retail for $497, but today you can join for $199 (click here to enroll!)
Writing Coaching (Write Your Book In 90 Days)
I’m opening up two rare 1:1 spots for writing coaching between Aug – Oct 2021!
This is your opportunity to have my eyes on your manuscript and writing process. You can expect:
- A 90 minute, kickoff call to help you clarify your story idea and start writing.
- 2 x calls per month to discuss your writing progress and work through writing blocks.
- Unlimited feedback on scenes and chapters via email and Voxer support.
- Access to tailored writing trainings and resources as I see fit.
This is perfect for entrepreneurs who want to write their book while running their biz, or aspiring fiction authors who have been trying to write for some time and feel that they need additional guidance and support to finish their first book.
What People Are Saying About My Writing Coaching & Courses: